This is a reblog. Originally posted Nov. 16, 2012 by SASsy Sewing
Button Elf Dolls by Laura D’Angelico
These little guys are not only cute as a button they are also really quite easy to make.
What you will need:
* indicates item may be available at SAS Fabrics Superstore
1. a pretty good collection of 1/4″ – 1/2″ diameter buttons* (maybe 40-50 per doll).
2. small piece of fabric*. One 12 inch square piece of fabric is plenty.
3. Strong thread* and a needle*. Make sure the needle will fit through the button holes.
4. a small foam ball for each doll head. I used 2 inch diameter. Dollar Store or Hobby Lobby & similar stores
5. beans and a small amount of soft material to fill the body and booties of the doll.
6. paint to create the facial features.
7. 3 small jingle bells*.
For the booties simply cut fabric in the shape of a bootie and…
View original post 374 more words