1. Splash parks: There are numerous parks in and around the Phoenix metropolitan area that are totally free and often times at a park where you can also fish for free. Here is a list of some parks that have splash parks. Remember to take a towel.
Altadena Park 3711 E Altadena Ave Phoenix
Mariposa Park 3150 W Morten Ave Phx
Splash Pad 6770 N Sunrise Blvd Phx
City Scape 1 E. Washington St., Phoenix
Edison Park 901 N 19th Street
Mountain Vista Park 13647 S 50th Street Phx
Nuestro Park 1433 S Ninth Street Phx
Outlets at Anthem I-17 & Anthem Way Phx
Pecos Park 17010 S 48th Street Phx
Gateway Park 10100 N El Mirage Road El Mirage
Fountain Park at Westgate Loop 101 & Glendale Ave Glendale
Glendale Heros Regional Park 8100 W Bethany Home Road Glendale
Goodyear Community Park 3151 N Litchfield Road Goodyear
Pioneer Park 8755 N 83rd Ave Peoria
Rio Vista Community Park 8866-A West Thunderbird Road Peoria
Desert Ridge Marketplace Loop 101 & N Tatum Phx
Kierland Commons at Fountain in Center Plaza Greenway Pkwy & Scottsdale Rd Phx
Scottsdale Quarter Scottsdale Road and Greenway-Hayden Loop Scottsdale
Rotary Park in Fountain Park 12925 N Saguaro Blvd Fountain Hills
Aqua Linda Park 8732 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale
Florence Ely Nelson Desert Park 8950 E. Pinnacle Peak Road, Scottsdale
Paiute Park 3210 N. 66th St., Scottsdale
Pima Park 8600 E. Thomas Road, Scottsdale
Vista del Camino Park 7700 E. Roosevelt St., Scottsdale
For even more parks and detailed information about them check out this link:
2. Go walk around at one of the indoor malls around town such as:
Arrowhead Towne Center Loop 101 & West Bell Road Peoria
Superstition Springs 6555 E. Southern Ave. Mesa, Arizona 85206
Chandler Fashion Center 3111 W. Chandler Blvd Chandler, Arizona 85226
Arizona Mills Interstate 10 & US 60 Tempe, AZ
Paradise Valley Mall Cactus Road between 44th Street & Tatum
Fiesta Mall US 60 & Alma School Road Mesa
Scottsdale Fashion Square West of Scottsdale Road at Camelback Rd Scottsdale
3. Plan a get together at a friend’s house where there is a swimming pool.
4. Go see a movie. Movie theaters can be found at all of the malls listed above & many more locations throughout the valley.
5. Go to one of our local lakes. Okay this is not exactly free anymore but it is less than $10
Please, be responsible and pick up after yourself. Always leave the lake cleaner than you found it.
6. Kick back at home and watch television.
7. Catch up on your sleep. When it is over 110 degrees staying indoors is always a good option why not catch some z’s.
8. Stay in and play board games or card games. Spend some quality time with family & friends.
9. Do some indoor crafts. Get a head start on making gifts for the holiday season.
10. Put a sprinkler on the hose, Turn the hose on, Let it sit for at least 2 minutes, then Check the temperature of the water and if cooled down enough grab a lawn chair and a cold drink & enjoy.
What ever you do DO NOT touch the water that comes out of any spigot until you have carefully checked the temperature. The water that comes out of a garden hose that is sitting in the sun is hot enough to cause very serious burns. Also, be careful when letting the kids play on the grass because we have some mighty mean ants out here. The ants have actually taken lives of babies as well as adults.